Hi Everyone! Welcome to my very FIRST blog post! 😀 I’m so excited to be finally blogging about all things baking and sharing my recipes for home-baked goodness with you all. I wasn’t sure what to post as my first entry and after a lot of thought I decided to bake something I’ve been craving for a while. I recently visited America and while I was there I just had to make S’mores around the campfire, so I’ve tried to recreate this campfire memory with some delicious cookies!
For anyone who isn’t sure what S’mores are; they’re roasted marshmallow (the fun bit over the campfire!) and chocolate sandwiched in between two Graham Crackers (like biscuits that you can only seem to get in America)… it’s so messy and gooey but they taste SO SO good!
For me, these cookies are one of my faves and if I want something sweet I’ll whip these up as they really don’t take long to come together. So if you have friends visiting and you want to impress them with these chocolatey, gooey soft centred cookies then I would recommend giving these a go. Or if you’re like me you don’t need any excuse to bake something yummy just for yourself 😉
150g Unsalted butter
80g Light brown sugar
80g Golden caster sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
225g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Pinch of salt
150g Plain chocolate or chocolate chips
30g Mini marshmallows
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas mark 5 and line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper, set aside for later
2. Cream together the butter and both types of sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined.
3. Sift in the bicarbonate of soda, flour and salt, mix until a dough forms.
4. Add in the chocolate and marshmallows and mix well so they’re evenly distributed throughout the dough.
5. Use two teaspoons to spoon small mounds of the mixture onto the baking sheets. Leave enough space for them to bake and spread. You can use an ice cream scoop if you have one to make them more uniform looking.
6. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just turning light brown.
7. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. They’ll harden up whilst cooling so they’re easier to transfer.
Note: If you don’t have any mini marshmallows you can quarter regular sized marshmallows and they’ll work just the same!