I absolutely LOVE this biscuit recipe! The subtle ginger flavour, the short melt in your mouth biscuit and of course the gooey chocolate caramel centre! YUM! These are so moorish and were very popular with everyone! I tried one and almost couldn’t stop to share them out to family and friends… yes they’re that delicious!
With every bite you get crumbly biscuit and sweet caramel chocolate, SO yummy! I adore chocolate and love using it in my bakes so I hope you love these as much as I do!
250g unsalted butter
140g castor sugar plus a little extra
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger (if you like a stronger ginger flavour, make it 2tsp) plus a little extra
1 bar of Cadbury’s Caramel Chocolate
2 tbsp milk
You’ll need two sizes of cutters, in what ever shape you want to use.
Preheat oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy
2. Add the egg and beat well
3. Add the flour and ginger until a dough forms.
4. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes
5. Roll out the dough, cut out 18 of each size cutter (I used the fluted sides of a 7cm and 5cm cutter). Place one square of chocolate in the centre of the larger circle, brush a little milk around the outside and place the smaller circle on top. Press down to seal around the chocolate.
6. Mix the extra ginger and sugar together, sprinkle on top of biscuits.
7. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. EAT IMMEDIATELY – the still gooey centre is so good still warm!