Banana and Nutella Muffins – sound delicious? They certainly are! The strong flavours of banana and Nutella are married together in this scrummy recipe for what might be my favourite muffins yet – it’s like a match made in baking heaven!
Up until a few of years ago I had NEVER tried Nutella, thinking it wasn’t anything I would like, for some reason I thought it was like Marmite and I knew I did not like that! Then I met one of my very best friends and she LOVES Nutella – she could eat it by the jar, a true lover of the chocolate hazelnut delight. I decided to try it – see what all the fuss was about, and well, you’ve might have heard of love at first sight, this was more like love at first taste – YUM!
These muffins are moist, light, sweet, fudgey, yummy, scrummy and undeniably good. At first bite you instantly get the banana flavour coming through, and then the Nutella – hints of hazelnut, chocolate and then back to the banana – melt in mouth goodness that everyone can enjoy. I really hope you give this recipe a go – it’s wonderfully sweet, the perfect afternoon treat!
100g butter, melted
2 medium eggs
3 small bananas OR 2 large bananas, mashed
225g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
175g caster sugar
For the topping –
1 banana, chopped
Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a muffin tray with 12 cases.
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, & baking powder) for the muffins in one bowl.
2. Beat together the melted butter and Nutella whilst the butter is still warm, it will loosen the Nutella so it’s incorporates into the mix better. Add in the eggs, milk and mashed banana. Mix well until combined.
5. Add the banana mix to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. If over mixed the batter will become stiff and the cake won’t be as light.
6. Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown.
7. Once completely cool spoon a teaspoon of Nutella on top along with a slice of banana.
I store these muffins in the fridge but they can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.